The Planning and Starting a Business is an online introductory course for anyone who has recently set up a business or anyone who is thinking of setting up a business or becoming self-employed. It teaches you how to write a professional business plan and familiarizes you with the legalities and regulations associated with starting a business.
The course gives guidance on numerous aspects that you must consider before beginning your startup, including your business idea, writing a business plan, finances, statutory requirements, and market research. Once you complete the course, you’ll be prepared to come up with a viable business idea and set up your business in accordance with the law. You’ll be able to create a solid business plan that helps you gain the confidence of investors and guides you during the first few years of business and beyond.
KEY TOPICS AND OUTCOMES
- Recognize the challenges and benefits of starting your own business, as well as the skills and traits you require.
- Know how to carry out market research to learn about current trends and developments in your industry, assess your competitors, and learn about your target audience.
- Know the importance of finding advice or support from business advisers and financiers
- Know the different legal structures your business may take and how to set up your business in accordance with the law.
- Be familiar with the various sections your business plan should include and how to write it professionally.
- Understand the contents that each section of your business plan should cover, including the executive summary, business description, marketing plan, operations plan, and financial plan.
SUMMARY OF THE COURSE SHOULD PROVIDE
|Unit Standard Alignment||N/A|
|Duration of the course||40 hours|
|Number of Modules||4|
|Learning Aids||Videos | Webinars|
|Type of Certificates Issued||Certificate of completion|