There will be many times when you never meet the customer in person, therefore it is essential that each employee answering the phone is able to sell or portray their personality quickly and effectively over the phone. The telephone is the most used tool in the work environment and how this tool is used is vital to customer service. Telephone Etiquette course will teach you how to make the telephone your business partner.
Poor telephone handling can be very expensive for your company, both in lost image and lost money. Customers who are well-handled will call again and bring you more business. Bad telephone technique, and poor customer care, will lose you customers. It costs you approximately eight times as much to find a new customer, compared to keeping an existing one. This course is essential, if your staff have not been trained in effective telephone skills. It teaches the correct methods of proper telephone handling, in an enjoyable and highly participative programme.
KEY TOPICS AND OUTCOMES
- Explain the difference in the way a person answers their own private telephone and the way the switchboard is answered in terms of assisting customers.
- Describe standard telephone etiquette on answering calls, transferring calls and making calls.
- Stress the importance of acknowledging callers and keeping them informed of reasons for delays
- Describe the use of body language in communicating with others while on a call and the reason why it is important
- Describe non-disclosable information and the reasons it is classified as non-disclosable
- Describe methods for dealing with abusive callers
- Describe various ways of finding telephone numbers
- Describe methods for dealing with emergency
SUMMARY OF THE COURSE SHOULD PROVIDE
|Unit Standard Alignment|
|Duration of the course||40 hours|
|Number of Modules||3|
|Learning Aids||Videos | Webinars|
|Type of Certificates Issued||Certificate of attendance|